Saturday, May 23, 2009

Milla Schilloff (Matilda Elizabeth Schilloff to be exact)




ok, thanks for being patient while we recuperated....dealing w/ the blog, pictures, etc... just felt a little too much like work there for a little while : )

Milla's HERE!!! and she's total cuteness!!! I think I'm in love. So here's the story: Wed, 04 29 09, I went to the Dr for my final checkup before the planned c-section, and all of a sudden I'm pre-eclamptic. YIKES! Dr Callison sends me for labwork...since we're so close to due date, if the bloodwork looks good I can elect to wait 'til the scheduled c-section Mon, 05 o4 09. If the bloodwork looks bad I'm to report immediately to the hospital to have the baby. DOUBLE YIKES!! I still have SO much to do this weekend!! Lab results wont be back for about an hour, so I rush home to get Alex, situate the dogs and pack. Get the phone call from the Dr that we need to hightail it back to the hospital...SHE'S COMING TODAY!

whoa.
5 minutes from the hospital we realize we really need to nail down a name for this baby! no time to argue anymore, so she's Matilda Elizabeth Schilloff and we're calling her Milla.

General anesthesia. Which stinks because by the time I was conscious and in a room, Alex had already given her a bath, learned to change diapers, basics of how to hold her, etc....and EVERYONE had seen her but me. Very frustrating.

Here are the birth stats:

Born::Wed 04 29 09 (same day as Jerry Seinfeld, Uma Thurman, Daniel Day-Lewis, Michelle Pfeiffer, Duke Ellington, the Duke of Ellington, Dale Earnhardt) (Due date was Sat 05 09 09, c-section was scheduled for Mon 05 04 09)
Time::3:34 pm
Weight::6lb 6oz
Length::19 in

She's the spitting image of her dad, and I know I've said this a million times already, but I have to put it on record that the fact she makes the same faces as Alex, at me, at the same time he does, was already getting on my nerves before we left the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment